How to vote in #India Elections: Voting process, timings, and how to find polling booth
Who can vote in India?
how to vote #india Election commission of india All citizens, regardless of their race, color, or previous condition of subjugation have the right to vote under the Citizenship Act which grants them protection under the 15th Amendment.
As per the Election Commission of India, citizens are eligible to become voters under the following conditions:
- Every citizen who is 18 years old on the qualifying date (January 1 of the year in case) unless disqualified, is eligible to be enrolled.
- Enrollment only at ordinary place of residence.
- Enrollment only at one place.
- Overseas Indian deemed to be ordinarily resident at the address given in passport.
- Service voters deemed to be ordinarily resident at their home address.
- Who is not eligible to vote?
- Identity proof
The ECI has made voter identification mandatory at the time of polls. In order to cast your vote, you have to show your Voter ID Card issued by the ECI or any other proof allowed by the ECI.
If a person does not have a voter ID card, they can use other documents specified by the Election Commission. To register as a voter, you need the following documents:
- A filled voter registration form
- Copy of proof of residence
- how to vote,vote,how to,register to vote,how to register to vote,how to vote for team of the year,how to vote in agt,how to vote by mail,how to vote for toty,how to vote in canada,how to vote in california,how to get young people to vote,how to register to vote in canada,how to vote in canada step by step,how to vote in canadian federal election,how do i vote,how to register to vote in the united states,voter registration,evm how to oprate,vote to play